Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Oyster Shots

Ever try one? It's a little bloody mary with an oyster in it. My wife and I have one every time a Republican gets indicted. Don't bother calling me tomorrow. If Fitzgerald gets busy in the morning, I'll be out of it by noon.

I'm a Law and Order fan. No, I'm not a closet Rethuglican who thinks the best thing for a guy busted with a little weed is to go to murder and mayhem school (prison). I'm actually for the legalization of drugs, like this former police chief.

I'm a fan of TV's Law and Order, and all of it's spin-offs, all season-passed on our Tivo. I've seen so many Law and Orders that I can sometimes quote case law used on the show.

I'm not a lawyer. I don't play one on TV. I can't stand Fred Thompson. But, I watch anyway.

I've learned that a good prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich, but it has to have a little meat on it. Fitzgerald has followed all the rabbit holes he can before the grand jury, and I bet we're going to have to wait until some people are actually frog-marched before the plot twists untangle themselves.

By then, Bush will probably just pardon these treasonous theocratic plutocrats. Maybe we should have a martini for every pardon? Stirred.

No comments: